September 13, 2010

Stargirl!

OH MY GOSH
I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS NOVEL

Stargirl

No, I'm not being over-dramatic.
Yes, I'm freaking in love with this novel.

The title of the book is 'Stargirl', it was written by a guy named Jerry Spinelli.
And this is how the story goes...

Stargirl Caraway is a new kid in Mica High School, formerly home schooled and attending her first public school ever. Her behavior is unusual for a teenager in her school. She wears outrageous clothing, she sings Happy Birthday to everyone in school accompanied by her ukulele, she has a rat called Cinnamon as her pet and etc.
At first, everybody likes her for her 'difference' but then, everything change. They started to hate her because they thought that Stargirl is way too weird and unbelievable.

A guy named Leo Borlock was so in love with Stargirl. After Stargirl's popularity ends, she and Leo begin an obvious romance. Soon, though, Leo realizes the entire school rejects the couple. Desperate to undo this curse, he begs Stargirl to change and become "normal", so she becomes "Susan", the name she was born with. She drops her unconventional clothing and acts like all the other students at the school. She becomes obsessed with being “accepted” and popular. This plan, however, does not work.

So what happened next?
Did Stargirl keep on trying until she's 'accepted'?
Or did she give up?
Does her relationship with Leo lasts?
What is actually their problem?
Eager to find out?
One answer: you MUST READ this novel.

This book has a simple plot of story, but still, to me it is romantic. I'm so touched.
Tell you what, I'm so in love with Leo Borlock. Even if he's only a fiction character, I'm love him, a bit obsessed.
I love how they spend time together. I just can't help the romance between Stargirl and Leo. I love the way he shows his love to Stargirl. Sweet and a bit shy. He cares so much for her.

Stargirl is actually a serial book, and there are 2 books of Stargirl serial.

In my point of view, book one (Stargirl) is better (my favorite ever) than book two (Love, Stargirl). Why? Because Leo is not in book two and he is my favorite character of the serial (yeah you know how much I'm in love with him).
I haven't finished book two yet but i promise you I'll make a post of Love, Stargirl when I'm finished.

So, this book is...


I hope you guys enjoy this book as much as I do :D :D

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment